I’m currently working as a contractor at Home Depot at their Store Support Center, which allows me a bit of the large corporation access to events, whether it’s Falcons players and cheerleaders visiting, a farmers market selling food, or the corporate Political Action Committee presenting the Mayor of Atlanta, Kasim Reed.
Some context that I didn’t realize is that this is the Mayor’s re-election year, which explains why he had such a great chance to brag about some of his accomplishments, anyway, here are the key points he hit on:
- Nobody talks about Charlotte like they do Atlanta.
- Violent Crime in Atlanta is down 17%
- Only 83 murders puts Atlanta in top 5 for capital cities
- Hartsfield Jackson is definitely the world’s busiest airport
- The Port Of Savannah being dredged to 47ft is of amazing importance.
- He’s glad the dome is overwith
- Loves the beltline
- Investing during a recession worked out great
- He hopes to be approachable to Atlanta citizens.
- Kind of upset about the failure of TSplost, but sees the Federal Government giving more power to the city / counties than the state does for potential growth
- Loves the Belt Line
- He Talks with teh CEOs of GA Power, Home Depot, etc very often
- Atlanta Schools will choose an All Star to stay accredited and build back a reputation
They quickly fired the guy not responding to calls from the acreditation agencies.