[ This is a post somewhat related to work – and I apologize for that as I try to keep my work and personal blog separate ]
Dear Email Marketers,
Stop hiding your unsubscribe links in small, strange to find locations. You’re not helping yourself. If I like or respect you enough to actually open your email – when I want to unsubscribe and I can’t find it, I’m going to do 2 things.
- Report you as spam on my Gmail Google Apps.
- Consider reporting you for spam on https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov
- You will get blacklisted (spam complaints are not good for your reputation)
- Your next email will hurt your list health when you get bounces back from me
- You are subject to a $10,000 fine (from my one case, not counting anybody else like me)
- Put your unsubscribe link in the bottom center of the page.
- Make it reasonably sized.
- Put it in some fun context. (could be your last chance to save me as a prospect)